Esmann Island Owner’s Association
October 21, 2017
Board Members Present:
The meeting was called to order at 8:06AM by President, Terry Denner. Board members present include; Bruce Copeland, Jane Ertl and Tom Reimer. Absent: Chad Williams, Bob Buhrow, Tony Reyerson , Laurie Helling. Also present was Treasurer, Helen Schweitert.
Don Niosi, Teri Nelson Denner, Bob Sims, Ken Brandel, Tom Nagle and Ken Root.
After review of the minutes, Bruce Copeland made a motion to approve, Tom Reimer second. Motion Passed.
One homeowner account is delinquent; Lois Neal. Discussion was held concerning a Mechanic’s Lien on the Neal property. No action was taken. Details concerning the Treasurer’s Report included:
- Lawn maintenance is paid in full.
- One additional 2017 garbage invoice is expected from Bi-County Disposal.
- Mark Short Concrete invoice for ramp concrete was presented. $4800 partial payment was made today.
- Boat Storage deposits of $420 were given to Helen Schweitert to be deposited.
- A premium adjustment ($52 credit) was received due to moving our insurance renewal month from February to August.
- Approval was given for re-occurring known expenses, requiring payments, such as the Bi-County Disposal 4th quarter invoice.
Bruce Copeland moved to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Tom Reimer, second. Motion Passed.
- No committee members were present.
- No ownership changes are known.
- Earl Burkle property – Tom Reimer noted that stability pads from concrete trucks compromised the road. All road repairs will be addressed in Spring 2018.
- At the April 2018 meeting we will publicize to the owners the opportunity to make personal driveway repairs when road vendor is here in 2018.
- Jane Ertl gave positive feedback on pond swimming and the water quality. Jane contacted Alliant Energy for an opinion on swimming in a pond with aeration. The response was no swimming recommended due to the possibility of electrocution. Jane will continue to research.
- Trenching for electricity will take place, hopefully this fall.
- An aerial map of the pond is desired. This would assist with placement of future structures.
- Playground equipment donated has been donated.
- Basketball hoop has been donated but a concrete (other otherwise) court has not been discussed.
- An additional boat dock is available for donation.
- A shelter is desired but no designs developed nor budgeted costs discussed.
- The Can Drive has deposited $279 in the Rec Fund at Fidelity Bank & Trust. The total fund is $960.47. Two bills have been paid: purchase of checks for the account; and one load of rock for the south side path.
- Private donations are always accepted. Contact Fidelity B&T to donate.
- Jeff Freidlein will remove the trees necessary for the new ramp. The trees will be relocated to the sand pit for future destruction.
- Old concrete ramp will be removed soon.
- New ramp to be set when water level drops.
- Boat ramp dock removal will take place this weekend.
NEW BUSINESS —
- Jeff Freidlein will continue snow removal service on an ‘as needed’ basis.
- $70/hour (complete island estimated at 1.5 hours)
- Services will include snow removal and deposit of sand, if sand is needed on icy roads.
- Jane Ertl will inquire with Alliant Energy concerning the two light invoices, combining them into one invoice. Also will inquire into the location of the Entry to Island light and if it is property of Esmann Island or Clayton County.
- Discussion was held on the recent thefts on Abel Island. A black truck, without headlights, has been spotted driving the island between 2:00 – 3:00AM. This is a reminder to Homeowners to keep possessions locked, at all times.
- Likewise, our storage building door has been repaired with new bolts, etc.
- $250 was approved as a 2017 donations to the Guttenberg Fire Department. The check will be delivered this week. Approved by Tom Reimer, Bruce Copeland, second. Motion passed.
Next meeting: April 21, 2018, 8:00AM
Annual meeting: June 21, 2018, time TBD
A motion was made by Tom Reimer to adjourn the meeting at 8:51AM. Bruce Copeland, second.
Jane Ertl Root (on behalf of Laurie Helling, (Secretary)